Proposed criteria for acute arthritic of primary Gout
1. More than one attack of acute arthritis
2. Maximum infiammation developed within 1 day
3. Monoarthritis atta?k
4. Redness observed over joints
5. First metatarsophalangeal joint painful or swollen
6. Unilateral first metatarsophalangeal joini attack
7. Unilateral tarsal joint attack
8. Tophus (proven or suspected)
10. Asymmetric swelling within a joint on x ray*
11. Subcortical cysts without erosíons on x ray
12. Monosodium urate monohydrate microcrystais in joint fluid during attack
Joint fluid culture negative for organisms during attack
This criterion could logically be found on examination as well as on x ray. However the protocol did not request this inforrnation in regard to examination.
Pérez M, Ramírez M, Manjón M. Gota tofácea crónica. Reumatol Clin. 2010;06:322-3.